So filling and so delicious. I always had rice with my mornay and occasionally mash, I thought Cauli Mash would go well and boy was I right. Mascarpone works best as it doesn’t split but the above pic was made using cheap supermarket cream cheese. It really was yummy even though it isn’t quite as pretty as the Mascarpone sauce.
200g cream cheese
150g salted butter
1 small diced onion
2 tsp Lemon juice or to taste
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup chopped green beans
280g tinned tuna chunks drained
- Place a small knob of butter in a saucepan to fry the diced onion until soft on a medium heat.
- Remove the onion from the pan and put to one side.
- Add remaining butter back to pan and gently melt.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted. It will look curdled at this point.
- Keep stirring rapidly until sauce becomes smooth and thick (an electric whisk is best)
- Add tuna, onions, lemon juice and pepper to the sauce.
- Stir well continuously until heated through.
Serve with cauli mash or cauli rice and other buttered vegetables of your choice.
Carbs: 7g net, Protein: 19g, Fat: 46g